Sunday, October 25, 2009

Playtime

Today we were supposed to go up to Pilot Mountain to attend Avery's Pumpkin Party and visit some of our favorite people, Ouida and Greg, but it rained all morning so we decided against making the trip.  Having a baby makes you not want to leave the house with her when the weather is yucky and roads are slick.  Naturally, the skies cleared and sun came out right around the time it was too late to go.  Sigh.  Next year, Avery, we are there, rain or shine. 
So not to make a waste of the whole day, we had lots of playtime with SB.  Playing in her jungle gym, playing in the bouncy seat, and playing at the park.  It's so much fun now that she's interacting with the world, grabbing toys (and Mommy's hair), and talking up a storm.  She discusses current affairs with Vibrating Chicken a lot and has deep personal conversations with her little Monkey friend.  My goodness that girl has a lot on her mind.  I can't quite make out her stance on the Economic Crisis or how she feels about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize, but I do know she is Pro-Milk and a strong supporter of Pampers.  Here are a few pics of her morning playtime:

Jungle Gym - she loves this thing!







She used to get mad at the Hippo but now they are friends.



As I mentioned, we went to Freedom Park this afternoon and took some great photos of our girl.  Mostly with her Daddy.  Some nice woman offered to take a picture of us all together but I said no thanks.  Why?  Because I am crazy and did not want some strange person getting Swine Flu germs all over my camera.  I know, it sounds totally psycho but it is really scary to think of this precious angel getting sick, and the world is a dirty filthy place.  The country had to enact a "National Handwashing Day" a few weeks ago.  Do we really need a special "day" to encourage basic hygiene?  Apparently so.  Which reminds me, what is the matter with people who come into work sick?  We had someone in our office come in the other day with a fever after having been exposed to H1N1.  Are you trying to cause an epidemic?  I am walking around the floor looking like a lunatic pulling my sleeves over my hands so I don't have to touch a door handle.  Please people, stay home and keep your germs to yourself if you are ill.  I don't want them and I assure you neither does my baby.  Whoops...went off on a tangent there.  Back to the park.  We had a great time.  Baby was alert the whole time, checking out the scenery. Here are some photos.  I know there are quite a few but I took 273 pictures today so by comparison this is nothing...

Staring down her Sassy Bug toy
 

Sigh.  That camera again, Mother?


Dancing on a table with a little help from Daddy


So Sweet! (Love those dang leggings!)




Flying Baby


Pretty


Mommy on the other side of the lens




Beautiful Freedom Park.  Our favorite place to spend an afternoon.


I don't know how it's possible but I swear that baby gets prettier every day.  She glows.  Her skin is like porcelain.  I'm going to spend the rest of my life chasing her down with SPF 70.  Maybe a burqa isn't such a bad idea.  Or we could cover her with a blanket like Michael Jackson did with his kids.  We won't be dangling her over any balconies, however.  Anyway, it is going to be my mission in life to keep her away from as much sun damage as humanly possible without the other kids thinking she's a vampire or something.

So wish us luck - tomorrow we are going to attempt the monkey and two bananas photo shoot.  This should be interesting.  Kurt may want to videotape this because I can't imagine it's going to go smoothly.  Stay tuned...

No comments: