Monday, October 3, 2011

I know, I know.

My mother not-so-subtly reminded me that it has been one month since my last post.  (Wow I felt like I was in a confessional for a second there.  Whew.)

Problem is I have so much to write about I don't know where to start.  We had a fantastic beach adventure this month.  I am still going through the pictures so I haven't written about it yet.  It got bumped in priority so I could do a post about our Farm Tour last weekend.  If you haven't read it on my New Shoe blog, check it out now.

It's all about our visits to some area farms last weekend.  We had such a great time I wanted to get those pics done so I could share them with the organizers of the event.  Sarah Beth had a great time and has been talking about cows and chickens ever since.


In other Sarah Beth news...she is either going to be an artist or a criminal.  She has gotten in the habit of drawing in crayon (washable, thank goodness) all over our house.  Walls, cabinets, windows, furniture.  They are all mere canvases on which she can express herself.  I am constantly saying "you cannot draw on the table, you cannot draw on the chair you cannot draw on the wall you cannot draw on the dishwasher..."  I feel a little Dr. Seuss-ish.  "Would you like them on a boat?  Would you like them with a goat?"   I am perpetually wiping down walls.  Sarah Beth also has a fondness for cleaning, so "forcing" her to clean up her mess isn't really a punishment, it just encourages her to make more messes. 

For whatever reason, Sarah Beth's new catchphrase is "Bacon Cheese!" She marches around the house chanting it over and over.  Whether or not bacon and cheese is on the menu for the day does not matter.  I agree that both bacon and cheese are cause for celebration, but I'm not sure what brought that on.  She is also known as the bacon bandit.  She will steal bacon from any unsuspecting person's plate. A girl after my own heart.

Working on our beach photos now...SB fell asleep on the couch - Blue's Clues overload I guess, so I've gotten a few extra moments on the computer today.  New post coming soon!

No comments: