I love emptying my pockets at the end of the day of all the objects SB bestowed upon me: pebbles, tiny pieces of paper, puffs, crumbled leaves, acorn tops...it makes me smile that she finds me worthy of such treasures.
We finally started brushing her wild hair and she now will take the brush and try it on me. Yes, she may use the wrong side of the brush, and she has given me a few good whacks in the head, but it's awful cute playing beauty salon with her.
I feel guilty that I haven't come up with some stupendous idea for Kurt's Christmas present. He wants "nothing" so I got crafty instead and it's not turning out as well as I'd hoped. First of all, it's difficult to find time to work on my project between baby time and him lurking around all the time. I'm almost done but I guarantee I will be blowing on glue to dry tonight at 12:30AM. There is glitter too. Glitter is highly underrated. He keeps finding it in my hair and thinks I am dressing up as a stripper for him this Christmas. Um no. Maybe for Kurt's birthday. Not for the birthday of our Lord and Savior. That would be wrong.
We tried crayons for the first time today. She liked pounding them into the paper in pointillist fashion. Very Seurat. We'll continue to cultivate her artistic talents. Her piano lessons are progressing nicely. I was brushing my teeth the other morning and heard a perfect C chord from the living room. She's got skills. Kurt heard it too and thought it was me. Move over, Jackie Evancho, our girl can sing AND accompany herself.
I am procrastinating right now. I have a zillion things to do. So, perfect time to sit down and blog, right? I need to go fix Kurt some lunch. He actually ventured to the mall this morning (2 days before Christmas!) to look for a jacket for me. Now he's started his conference call marathon for the day. Again...guilt over my lame Christmas presents this year so I better go and at least feed the poor guy...
No comments:
Post a Comment