Today Miss Priss wasn't into her lunch. I was trying to feed her roasted blueberry and apple goo from a pouch. Sounds gross but it's quite tasty - Tyler Florence makes it. Designer baby food. Anyway, I left it on the table while she played in the highchair with her mini-pumpkin (gourd) that she both loves and abuses. I was baking brownies for our neighborhood party and turned away for just a moment, turning back just in time to watch her yank the placemat from the table, sending aforementioned blueberry goo flying through the air, landing on highchair, cabinets, table, bench floor, wall, and baby. Awesome. She's a mess. And she was quite amused as Mommy crawled around on all fours wiping it up.
After clean-up, we crossed the street to the neighbors for a potluck dinner and SB, who has never seen so much flat grass in her life, ran laps in their backyard until she was pink-cheeked and sweaty. It's amazing. A few weeks ago she was barely walking on her own, now she is hauling her little booty fast and furious. I always thought those kid-leashes were a terrible idea, but I may rethink that after watching our lil' Speed Racer scooting around today. We're in trouble!
No comments:
Post a Comment